Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi 7 Information (Suitability of Cornerhorns)
Re: Pi 7 Information [message #72351 is a reply to message #72221] Tue, 24 April 2012 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jeff D is currently offline  Jeff D
Esquire
I am about to pick up some JBL 2226h bass units soon and this started me thinking about the build. Some of you who have already built the cornerhorns may have been concerned about their WAF if they are to go in the lounge. My better half is fairly flexible with most of my daft ideas as long as they sound good. First, I suggested they would disappear into the corners and that definitely earned me brownie points (she is currently staring at a pair of large pro Tannoy cabinets). However, when I showed her some pictures of both demonstration and home built versions that enthusiasm reduced. I wondered if any of you have come up with some cosmetic surgery that I might copy to make them more acceptable ?

I have done some sketching to try out ideas and she would prefer it if the bass cabinet front panel was the same width as the midrange horn cabinet. This means extending the front panel by adding 4.25" wings to both sides. Do you think that would screw up the performance ? Similarly, to make another tier similar to the midhorn cabinet for the tweeter to keep the side profile the same all the way up and provide a flat panel on the top. The last would at least allow me to add weight and damping on the top inside that box.

Any ideas appreciated, negative or otherwise, feel free to shoot me down ...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Off-the-shelf 4 Pi Stand
Next Topic: Baffle wall