Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » R13 insulation: what to do? spray glue down?
Re: R13 insulation: what to do? spray glued down? [message #71771 is a reply to message #71758] Wed, 14 March 2012 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yes, that's the stuff. Just good old Elmer's white glue. You can also use yellow wood glue, which is very similar.

You can install the insulation now, but do be sure to think about where you will run your wires. The wire going from the amplifier connector will go through the back sheet of insulation, and the internal wire going from the crossover board to the tweeter will go through the sheet of insulation sitting on your cross-brace.

I like to mount the crossover board to the inside bottom with screws. Make a gasket with cardboard or PVC and put it under the crossover board. That will prevent it from buzzing at high volume levels. I've never actually found that to be a problem, but a gasket surely doesn't hurt.

Your speaker doesn't have insulation on the bottom - yours is on the top. But most models have insulation on the bottom. In that case, I like to mount the crossover before installing the insulation. I cut an access flap into the bottom insulation sheet, like shown below. I only apply glue around the perimeter, so the center flap can be lifted up to mount the crossover board, and to service it if that's ever necessary.

index.php?t=getfile&id=742&private=0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2226H Drivers question
Next Topic: Horn/Waveguide dimensions and beamwidth