Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Best connecters? No connectors?
Re: Best connecters? No connectors? [message #9671 is a reply to message #9665] Fri, 19 May 2006 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
3moons is currently offline  3moons
Baron
Hi M-B,
This year I've rebuilt or upgraded 3 pair of Dynaco MK IIIs and 2 pair of Dyna MK IVs. Each MK III is different in several ways. the most different from stock one has potted Dyna MK III output trannies and a long tailed pair front end. 12AU7 and 12BH7. I also rigged it for EL34's instead of 6550s. For 50 watts. I laid the transformers out and cut and drilled onto new two section metal bases resting in a solid oak chassis to isolate the PS from the audio section. Project almost finished. Will probably keep this pair. Don't really need to keep three pair of the same type amps. Also just finished two pair of Dyna MK IV's. A friend grabbed one pair of those after listening on day one. I may keep the second pair. With my "reference" Heathkit amps, that will give me three keepers for only two systems. So that's one reason I'm liquidating. Turn some of it into money for other audio toys of course. 8:-) And I agree, the old stuff is great! And the trannies have "burned in" for 40 years!
My reference amps in the small room uses Heathkit W3M iron on W4M chassis but with a Mullard 5-20 design, choke input PS. I use 7027A output tubes.The circuit was designed by Walter Delesandri. These were in the Dallas Audio Club room at the GPAF. By the way, when I got home I tested the output tubes and one was weak. They have been in there a very long time. Next year, I'll make sure all tubes are new and good. jim...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message