Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Best connecters? No connectors?
Best connecters? No connectors? [message #9662] Fri, 19 May 2006 07:48 Go to previous message
3moons is currently offline  3moons
Baron
Some of you may have heard this story before. An friend name Tom once had his entire system hardwired. And I do mean every plug in device (except tubes) was hardwired in. The sonic results were "stunning". If I remember, his system at that time was a cj PV5 preamp, rebuilt Dynaco MK IIIs, Audio Alchemy DAC, VPI turntable... maybe... No RCA's, no bananas or speaker plugs of any kind. Tom truly hated, and probably still does, RCA connecters. The DAC , the amps, the preamp, the Acoustat speakers, the turntable, all. Even hardwired into the wall (very dangerous IMO) "BUT, his system sounded stunning! Well, I'm pretty sure he didn't solder the tubes into their sockets.
My second system in the living room is slowly morphing that way. I don't dare go all the way though. So far my line stage has two pair of it's IC's hardwired inside. Pigtailed. Those for the pre out to the amps and those in from the DAC. I plan to do the phono too. It wouldn't be too hard do the same at the amps and speaker cable too. Some day................ jim...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message