Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Aikido Line Stage
Re: Aikido Line Stage [message #9652 is a reply to message #9651] Sun, 14 May 2006 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thanks for your interest Wayne; as far as documenting the build process I am not exactly the most knowledgable candidate for a lucid and comprehensive detailed description of this kind of thing. I get the job done but I'm a little slow. People would be pretty much disinterested long about September when it starts to become a reality.
This board is designed to allow people to adjust all of the parameters required in the build and design aspects of the line stage. It offers two ways to mount all of the passive components as well as multiple mounting options for each capacitor. But it is just a driver board you still need to design a power supply. There is an exhaustive description of the entire design and operation of the amp on Broskies site.
I just find that I like building with PC boards only becuase without a scope or test equipment it takes a lot of the uncertainty out of the process. A multi-meter isn't really enough of a test bench to qualify as proper design procedure.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message