Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » skywave's 3Pi subwoofer build (skywave's 3Pi subwoofer build)
Re: skywave's 3Pi subwoofer build [message #71647 is a reply to message #71634] Sat, 03 March 2012 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
skywave-rider is currently offline  skywave-rider
Viscount
Psychoacoustic wrote on Thu, 01 March 2012 23:03
Right, not the one on top- that won't interfere, but the hard laminated paper gasket below, which I queried with Wayne. Perhaps I misinterpreted his reply and its not meant to be there.
I used scrap MDF for the spacers- little bit rough, yes, but the cabs haven't been veneered either!

I just got the woofer, thanks, Wayne.

I see the hard laminated paper gasket referred to by Psychoacoustic. Wayne, since the bottom of the woofer flange is perfectly flat, is there harm in not using the hard paper gasket there? I would use a weatherstrip type tape for a seal instead. The reason is to keep the woofer from protruding as much as is practical. I would leave the top gasket to mount the metal grill on top of so there is enough clearance between the surround roll and the grill.

Regarding the mounting holes in the woofer flange, do I need to worry about the edge of the surround which covers almost 50% of the hole?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Alternate idea for 7Pi midhorn enclosure?
Next Topic: Information about the 3 Pi Subwoofer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 16:40:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout