Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Surround Sound With TV Over Fireplace
Surround Sound With TV Over Fireplace [message #71512] Fri, 24 February 2012 12:29 Go to previous message
two.dogs is currently offline  two.dogs
Chancellor
Hello all,

I was referred to this forum from the AVSforum. We are renovating our living room and will mount the TV over the fireplace. I know it isn't the best location but it must go there and we'll install it as low as possible to avoid neck strain. I was planning to make a new mantel with a center channel built-in. The front L/R speakers would be simply be purchased and placed into the bookshelves flanking the fireplace. The rear speakers would be in-wall.
Several of the folks at AVSforum said that the room looked pretty good for constant-directivity speakers that would allow me to skip the center channel. They said I could build the speakers into the flanking bookshelves at the corners of the room and angle them in. Perhaps glass doors in front of the shelves would improve the sound.
I like good sound, but the wife could care less. The speakers will have to be reasonable priced and visually discreet. I've attached a floorplan with the furniture arrangement. I don't really like the placement of the chair, but the bookshelves are 50" tall and we can get a low chair. Thoughts, anyone?

Two.dogs
index.php?t=getfile&id=725&private=0
  • Attachment: Audio.jpeg
    (Size: 62.15KB, Downloaded 6093 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Modified 4pi Idea (Here we go again)
Next Topic: 2 Pi studio in 3 Pi enclosure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 15:11:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout