Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Mounts for 1pi Speakers
Re: Mounts for 1pi Speakers [message #71594 is a reply to message #71450] Wed, 29 February 2012 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dutchswan0311 is currently offline  dutchswan0311
Viscount
I think I still have a lot of sanding and painting to do on the Pi speakers I have built....and I still have three subs left to build. Building the mounts sounds like a lot of work at this point (especially 12 of them).

Parts-Express.com is selling this flat TV mount for $18.08 that I thought might work well to hold up a 1pi. In order to be able to tilt the speaker down at the appropriate angle, I would need to mount it towards the bottom of the speaker. This would require installing the binding posts towards the middle or top of the enclosure. The mounting bracket is 8.5" x 4.5" and will hold up to 50lbs. Do you see any issues with using this Wayne? Would I be putting too much stress on the lower back of the speaker? I know these might all seem like dumb questions; but after all of the sweat I have put into these, I don't feel like making a dumb mistake either Smile

Thanks again for the top notch customer service!

http://www.parts-express.com/images/item_large/182-392_l.jpg

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: two π tower port and positioning questions
Next Topic: Just can't let that poor, dead horse alone! With PIX!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 11:45:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio