Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 1Pi - 2Pi plans (1Pi/2Pi HT setup)
1Pi - 2Pi plans [message #71380] Thu, 16 February 2012 16:00 Go to previous message
miamiwood is currently offline  miamiwood
Esquire
Hi Wayne,

Have been following the "Constant Directivity" threads on all the forums. Was contemplating "Econowaves" but the more I read, I have decided the completeness of your designs and knowledgeable support are the way to go.

I am setting up a bedroom (dedicated to HT) that is carpeted and 13' wide (front wall) by 20' deep (side walls) by 8' high. There are two bump-outs centrally located on the left/right walls that are 8' wide by 3' deep (they run floor to ceiling). The back wall has the door, & a closet 7' wide by 2.5' deep. Will only have 2 or 3 seats, at back of the room - 14' from the front.

Will run a mid-range AVR (yet to buy) to power everything for now. Will also build two flanking Diy Subs with their own power as per your suggestions. Am starting small & building up my system as I go.

I will eventually build the upgraded 3Pi's for mains, but for now will start with an L-C-R utilizing 1Pi/2Pi's. I can move the smaller speakers to surround duties later.

The questions are (yes it took me a while to get to them):

1) What will give me the best sound for now up front - I assume 2Pi floor standers and a regular 2Pi for center (assume one/two subs running with them). Or possibly 3 floorstanders. My layout is flexible. I want the best center channel experience I can get. The 3Pi's I will run later may run phantom, but I don't think the smaller Pi's can pull that off.

2) If I build floor-standers, can I re-do the cab's to re-purpose them as surrounds without re-doing the XO's?

3) I like the smaller 1Pi's, and they'd fit better as surrounds. The subs will be filling in the low end. Would I be giving up any dynamics in the L-R channel or voices from the center by going with 1Pi's - I guess the answer to be yes, but how much?

Can you send me 1Pi/2Pi plans, for both bookshelf & floorstanders to look over? Thank you so much for all the effort you put into your designs and the website/forum. I look forward to your suggestions.

Chris

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message