Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » How do I keep deep bass from the neighbors? (Acoustic Insulation)
How do I keep deep bass from the neighbors? [message #71327] Thu, 09 February 2012 17:11 Go to previous message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
I can't remember if I asked this before, but here it is anyway:

Is there some kind of insulation or acoustic treatment that will dampen the bass enough to keep neighbors at bay?

I hate it myself when someone has their music playing, and I can hear bass radiating through my walls.

I thought mine was fairly well contained until I walked out into the yard with my house sealed behind me and I could hear bass distinctly a hundred feet away.

I don't play music that loud. I keep the average room level sound somewhere around 90 db or less for the most part. There are peaks that might hit a hundred, but only momentarily. I actually like to be able to speak to someone in the room when it's necessary.

I don't keep the bass at ridiculous levels like some of the hip hop and rap stuff you here rolling down the street.

The worst offender seems to be a wall of glass that the front speakers and sub face away from.

We are buying a new house within the next six months, and I'm wondering what I might put in the walls to diminish bass leakage, which seems to permeate everything.

As always, thanks.

Floyd

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Area Rugs
Next Topic: Creating an Acoustic Room on a Budget
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:22:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations