Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Subwoofer Crossover
Subwoofer Crossover [message #71085] Tue, 24 January 2012 21:21 Go to previous message
NWCgrad is currently offline  NWCgrad
Master
I am getting ready to upgrade my electronics (the 4 Pi speakers and modified Pi 3 flanking subs I built and documented here were the first step). To that end, I am suplementing my Onkyo TX-SR805 THX Ultra2 7.1 A/V Receiver by adding an Odyssey Audio Khartago Extreme amp (2009 TAS Amplifier of the Year) and Tempest preamp (w/ HT bypass so I can still use my receiver for movies).

By going two channel I lose my bass management from the receiver. So after much consternation I have decided to install a Behringer active stereo 2/3 way crossover (CX2310).

index.php?t=getfile&id=699&private=0

This device should allow me to run my 3 subs (flanking subs on the two low outputs - variable crossover points starting at 40 Hz, Linkwitz-Riley filters with 24 dB/octave) and my third sub from the dedicated mono subwoofer output.

I believe when I switch in the HT receiver I will have to set it to no subwoofer and large main. Although Behringer doesn't have the best reputation, I "think" since only the subs will run through the device I should be okay.

Thoughts, comments or better solutions (as long as they don't cost a lot, the Beringer is about $80 and my wife is starting to get miffed by upgraditis) encouraged.

Thanks for reading!

VIRIBUS MARI VICTORIA

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: May I have the enclosure plans for your 4Pi speaker?
Next Topic: Crossover upgrades
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 01:38:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout