Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 3 or 4pi for HT LCR and flat-packs?
Re: 3 or 4pi for HT LCR and flat-packs? [message #70933 is a reply to message #70932] Mon, 09 January 2012 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'll send plans but first decide which model you prefer. There are some threads here that discuss the differences, so look through them, decide which model you want, and let me know. I'll send plans right out.
We do not make flat pack kits for any models except the midhorn and the 12π hornsub. The horns make sense to cut on a CNC machine, and are worth paying the shipping costs. But the rest of the line use simple cabinets, just a box with some holes cut in it. They're simple enough any competent cabinet shop and even many lumber yards can make the cust for a nominal fee. So it's cheaper to buy locally than to pay shipping for what would be large and heavy flat pack kits.

As for crossover, I do not suggets that high-pass be used for the mains, just low-pass the subs. This is different than what you would do for prosound, but the reason is we we're wanting multiple bass sound sources for modal smoothing. More information here:

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Subs as 3pi stands?
Next Topic: 1Pi, 2Pi and 2Pi Tower Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 11:27:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects