Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » JBL 2226H question: is this right?
Re: JBL 2226H question: is this right? [message #70611 is a reply to message #70609] Fri, 23 December 2011 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Those drivers look good, but that doesn't mean much. Some of the aftermarket parts look damn close, too close to tell from pictures. It also could be they've just been rode hard and the coil is rubbing in the gap.

If you are close to Ron in Ohio, take him up on his offer. If not, call David Miller at Speakerworks: 800-526-8879

David is an authorized JBL technician, so he can get the real parts. You can't get them over-the-counter, so lots of people and small shops get the junk parts and put them in. It's hard to know who to trust, but I've done business with David for decades and can vouch for his work.

I haven't needed to do a recone in a while so I'm not sure of his prices but I don't think they're quite as high as you were quoted. I know they weren't last time I had recones done.

I'd offer to measure them for you but if you can get them to me, you can get them to David. He's setup to do the work if they need it, so you might as well go straight to him.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: The Alpha 10: less filling...sounds great!
Next Topic: mid horn box size?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 13:20:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout