Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Tube amplifier for headphones (Tube amplifier for headphones)
Re: Tube amplifier for headphones [message #70640 is a reply to message #70637] Mon, 26 December 2011 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
heavil wrote on Mon, 26 December 2011 07:16
http://www.cavalliaudio.com/diy.html
On this site there are many schemes. Which is you talking about?

Any of them will not disappoint, IMO. Look through the descriptions and see if any spark your fancy.

The Bijou has received excellent reviews and sounds fantastic.

If you like using a 12AU7 type tube I would look at the SOHA designs. It's what I built and still use.

The Cavalli-Jones is a step up of the Morgan Jones amp you referenced.

The CTH is a compact version of the SOHA.

If you wanted to get crazy you could look up some of his old designs on Headwize and Head-Fi that he doesn't put on his website (he goes by the forum name "runeight", like this one which I think was the Broskie Cavalli-Jones model:

index.php?t=getfile&id=666&private=0

Personally, if this is your first headamp build, the Millett Hybrid MAX I mentioned above would be an excellent choice (get kits at Beezaer.com) due to the extensive notes. You can get a few of the Cavalli boards at glassjaraudio.com as well.

If you want something you could run speakers with as well look at the Bottlehead SEX kits. Great support and they sound nice.

These are by no means the only ones, just what I personally have had experience with. I'm not into headamps any more, which is why I've got orphan PCB's sitting around never to be used.

• Attachment: BCJ Front.jpg
    (Size: 176.89KB, Downloaded 7557 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: "Valve Amplifiers, 4th edition" by Morgan Jones
Next Topic: Integrated Preamplifier
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 14:29:35 CDT 2024