Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Some questions on Power supplies
Re: Some questions on Power supplies [message #9370 is a reply to message #9367] Sun, 27 November 2005 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Guys; I see that the 6v6 will not work with 750vct trans since it needs 350v plate voltage.
6l6 can get by with 300vplate voltage which shoulod work with 750vct. But I wonder what effect a different rec tube would have. Say a 5u4 which should be able to pass greater current to the filter; no?
Thats the kind of speculation I am interested in. Ie; If you find a rectifier circuit that will provide 300 volts on the plate with 150ma current. What changes will occur with the use of different rec tubes?
What is the best way to rectify AC if you need a cap input or a choke input. Doesn't the type of rectifier tube affect the performance of the filter and how much benefit you gain with using a clc or lc filter?
I can run the specs through PSUD II but I am looking more for a theoretical opinion of how to implement the different types of filters/the way to combine rec tube types with CLC or LC ladder filters. In reading different analysis of PS types there are some universal aspects of design that people apply to circuits in specific circumstances.
Example: LC filters should be used in applications where there are wide variations in load current.
Output voltage decreases with increasing current in the LC filter.
These are the types of information that can frame the choices available to the builder. By expressing these simple truths it makes it much easier to begin the design process for a novice.
When you guys start out with the maths and the design programs; those types of facts seem to get lost to the begginner.
Is this helpfull at all?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Anyone know how bad this is?
Next Topic: Transformer specs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 05:37:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout