Home » Audio » Speaker » The most expensive speakers in the world
Re: The most expensive speakers in the world [message #69674 is a reply to message #69669] Sun, 02 October 2011 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I agree with Bruce. You must listen to them. For myself, the speakers that have my attention at the moment, but I will probably never be able to afford are the Emerald Physics CS2.3 with the processors and whole smack. I heard these at RMAF last year and they immediately entranced me. Nearly electrostatic in sound. My electrostatic choice where money isn't a factor are the Sander's 10C electrostats. For horns the ClassicAudio T1.4's with field coils are damn hard to beat, but in reality I'd love to have a pair of Wayne's 3 Pi speakers--they do a lot right for a fraction of the cost. And last but not least, for line arrays, the Jim Griffin line arrays with CSS drivers and a DEQX (or any of the Seleh Audio line arrays).

But alas, I'm stuck with some old 1982 Heresy's, 1984 Polk Audio Monitor 5B's (which actually sound quite nice compared to many in that size--this was back when Polk did it right!!), and some ART arrays designed by our own Fred Thompson. In fact all my stuff is old and inexpensive Laughing

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ultimate Dipole Line Array
Next Topic: Dipole Speakers (particularly ESL)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 20:11:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio