Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Speaker placement and wavefront launch (A visual representation on how walls affect the wavefront)
Re: Speaker placement and wavefront launch [message #69790 is a reply to message #69771] Tue, 11 October 2011 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Wayne, Right after you send some to Shane, would you send me a pair to ,........

BTW, I working on a write up on how dipoles work in rooms from a practical aspect. When I fiddled with the math on them it will drive you crazy Rolling Eyes as it indicates that they can't work at all most of the time, between direct and reflected sound particularly in the lower mids there is no hope. Fortunately, in real rooms they don't seem to exhibit the problems to that degree. Tall ESLs like I have tend to have an advantage over some conventional designs as they act a lot like a line source. There are smaller reflections off the ceiling and floor. With the curved radiating surface it most likely has an effect on how they react in rooms vs the math. Wayne might have the answer there. Smile I suspect that they act more on average power at a closer distance than conventional ones as opposed to the near field aspects that were in earlier posts.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message