Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » New HT - Need Advice on Speakers - 4pis or 7pis for main, 2pis, and what to use for bass
New HT - Need Advice on Speakers - 4pis or 7pis for main, 2pis, and what to use for bass [message #69318] Sat, 03 September 2011 21:22 Go to previous message
coolgeek is currently offline  coolgeek
Esquire
Hi,

I am quite a newbie in DIY so please bear with me..

I am looking to build a HT room in the house i just bought and before the complete the renovation, i need to sort of figure out what sort of speaker systems to have (sizes, etc).

I have heard that the 4pis are great.. so, this is why I have joined this forum.

Ok, here are some questions.. I hope I can get some answers.

First, placements for my speakers:

- I intend to hide the speakers inside a purpose built cabinet (my room will be built by carpenters). I hope this would not distort the sounds.

1. What's the difference between the 4pis, and 7pis corner horn? as LR speakers? Do you have to place the 7pis in a corner or just anywhere?

2. 4pis only goes up to 16khz, would this affect the normal playing of music? Or, would the JTR 12s be better option?

3. What sort of sub should i build to complement these speakers? Should I build the 12pi base horn, or say build one using the TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" DVC Subwoofer? Basically i don't know much about subwoofers and what i would need to complement these speakers..

4. Could I use a regular Receiver to power the 4pis (say if i use them as LCR, and the 2pis as surround?) or, do i need separete amps for them? If i use separate amps, how do i hook it up? do i still hook the source material to my receiver, and then output to the amps, and then output to the speakers? Wouldn't that be double amplification?

That's all i can think of for now..

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 4Pis are back and I wrote a BOOK!
Next Topic: Contemplating a change
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 03:07:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout