Home » Audio » Craftsmen » Soldering with Shaky Hands
Re: Soldering with Shaky Hands [message #73851 is a reply to message #72710] Tue, 18 September 2012 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
FloydV wrote on Sun, 13 May 2012 15:04
Try this. Take a pen or pencil and try drawing a spiral from the inside out. If your spiral isn't reasonably round, but rather like a jerky series of circles, then you have intention tremor. Also, try holding your hand out fingers stretched. They should be reasonably calm. Then try closing those fingers letting your forefinger touch your thumb.

If your fingers tremor during this second, closing, exorcise, you have intention tremor and the problem in in your brain, not your hand.

Also, the more you repeat a specific action like opening and closing those fingers, the worse the tremor will get. Intention tremor is like a reverse Parkinson tremor. Your hands are steady at rest but tremor when you intentionally move them.

Floyd

I tried the exercises you suggested, and it doesn't appear I have intention tremor. My hands do shake sometimes when I want them to be still (like during soldering) but not while opening and closing like that. They shake the most when I am emotional.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message