Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Furniture & Room Sound
Re: Living room revamp [message #69235 is a reply to message #69229] Mon, 29 August 2011 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Fireplaces (brick) and flat screen TVs can be problems as well. I have found that some good hints from Martin Logan on how to deal with some things that can crop up. At least one end of the room (either front or back) should be largely non-reflective. Side walls are best if non-existent (hard to do usually) but keeping speakers about 3-4 feet from them helps. With HT setups the problems are compounded. I mounted my 4 corners suspended from the ceiling. Front center just under the screen and rear center close to the ceiling. I use a pair of powered subs close to but not in the front corners. When they were in the corners they sounded muddy.

For HT setup one thing I really liked was on the Sony HT I had. You placed a microphone at the main listening spot and the unit sent sounds to each of the speakers and calibrated the delays automatically. It drove the cats nuts! Laughing

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message