Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Midrange Horn
Re: Implementation [message #44375 is a reply to message #44374] Mon, 12 April 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Actually I got the 2225's in mine. I was working on the speakers today actually, because I had slacked off for a bit :P I've had other stuff on though which has taken up some of my time so its not all just being lazy!

Going to the hardware store tomorow to see what sort of finishing they have. I hope its not too much, I want to get Tung Oil, the name sounds expensive. I gotta get some casters too, the boxes really ARE heavy and difficult to shuffle around.

I need to do the correct crossovers still, it's just half done make-shift stuff at the moment.

It's well into Autumn now, temperatures are a lot cooler. But we had zero rainfall all last month, something which hasn't happened since a decade or two, show's the effects of global warming I guess. Not good for our water supplies, we have water restrictions in the summer each year and for the first time we now have them through winter as well.

I was rummaging through the storeroom today and found a pair of old 8" Rola vintage drivers I had forgetten about. Just for fun I threw them on the tractrix horns I'm not using. They sounded OK actually, but definitly no where near as clean as the Alpha 6 conical horn. I might take do some frequency response measurements for fun on it, cuz I got a pair of them doing nothing. If its anything interesting I'll post some pics of the drivers and FR curves, see what I can do with a driver with no TS parameters and about 25-30 years old :P

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How good is the 1Pi? Pretty good, I think.
Next Topic: I covet the 7Pi Plans...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:36:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout