Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Standard 4Pi vs. Upgraded 4Pi
Re: Standard 4Pi vs. Upgraded 4Pi [message #68933 is a reply to message #68925] Tue, 09 August 2011 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
TheDude is currently offline  TheDude
Esquire
I've owned the 4Pi speakers with the DE250 and JBL 2226H upgrades for two and a half years now. They are some of the best speakers I've heard. In short, I think you should go with the upgraded model. I went with it because I didn't want to be wondering about how much better it would sound while listening to the standard model and then decide to upgrade and end up with an extra pair of woofers and tweeters plus the cost of the upgrade. I have not regretted it. Not ever. Don't worry about the crossover upgrades. You more then likely won't hear the difference. Its wasted money that you can put towards buying another subwoofer which is the next upgrade you should be considering.
I know it increases the costs significantly. Do what I did. Keep saving your money and buy them when you have enough. Then do the same for another sub so you can take full advantage of the multi sub setup. If another F20 is too big get something smaller. this approach will cost less in the long run, and you have a better system with high quality parts.
- M

"I mistrust all systemizers and avoid them. The will to a system is a lack of integrity." Nietzsche

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 7Pi in unusual room
Next Topic: 8 pi plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 08:25:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations