Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Standard 4Pi vs. Upgraded 4Pi
Standard 4Pi vs. Upgraded 4Pi [message #68925] Mon, 08 August 2011 20:42 Go to previous message
Maxjr is currently offline  Maxjr
Baron
From what I've read, I've been sold on the upgraded 4Pi speaker with JBL 2226H and B&C DE250 with 15 Gauge coils on the x/o. However, recently, I've been looking at the standard 4Pi and upgraded 4Pi and wondering how much of a difference there is between the two.

Since my budget is tight, and I won't be able to hear either one of these setups prior to building, I'm wondering how much of a noticeable difference I'll actually be able to hear. Is it worth the almost 100% cost increase for the upgraded version, or are we going into diminishing returns? (if money was no issue, I'd definitely just go for the best and never look back, but to be honest, I'd be stretching myself very thin if I purchased 2 of the upgraded kits.). I'm currently wondering how good the standard 4Pi's sound. To give you a little background, I currently have 3 Energy RC10 bookshelves for my LCR and 2 Energy RC-R for surrounds. I have 2 of lilmike's cinema F20 front loaded 15" horns for sub duty.

Wayne, are there frequency response graphs comparing the two? Also, I consider myself amateur at best. If I don't listen at loud levels, will I be able to tell the difference between the upgraded and standard 4Pi? Thanks for your quick responses and this great forum!

Cheers,
Joel

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 7Pi in unusual room
Next Topic: 8 pi plans
Goto Forum: