Home » Audio » Speaker » Line Array Assistance (I want to build my 1st line array)
Line Array Assistance [message #68824] Wed, 03 August 2011 06:37 Go to previous message
rb132333 is currently offline  rb132333
Esquire
I am new to speaker building and had some questions concerning line arrays. One of the many HUGE benefits of the internet are forums like this and all of the available knowledge and information. Having said that, the amount of knowledge/opinion
can make your head spin. Let's get to some of my questions. There seems to be three basic approaches to line arrays; a line of quality mid/woofers mated with a line of ribbon tweeters (Zalytron; GR research), a line of full range drivers usually mated with a single tweeter (Audio Fred) or a line of full range drivers (Murphy array; Audience). Can anyone offer an opinion to which approach they prefer and why? That leads me to my
2nd question, why a single tweeter as opposed to a line of tweeters? My design goals would be sound stage and accuracy (maybe that is everyone's?). Any help that you can provide would be appreciated.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bipole Speakers?
Next Topic: New Project - The DR912a Line Arrays
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 13:49:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio