Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pete's Home Theater Build
Re: Pete's Home Theater Build [message #80146 is a reply to message #79342] Tue, 01 July 2014 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
petew is currently offline  petew
Viscount
Oh what an interesting week it's been (and its only Tuesday).

Over the Memorial weekend and the following week, I worked on a cabin that my family is building in the Jemez Mountains in NM. Obviously, ear protection is always a top priority when working with power tools. I was diligent with my foam ear plugs.

Anyway, last week my right ear started to go kaput. I couldn't hear squat, and the left channel was fading too. I tried the over the counter remedies to no avail, and finally went to see the doctor yesterday. I hate going to the doctor - I always assume the worst.

After about 20 minutes with the pressure washer he knocked a massive wax plug out of the right channel. The left channel only took a few minutes to clear. I think a week of foam ear plugs and sweat pushed the crud up into the earholes. I'm hearing high frequencies and nuances that I had forgotten about! It got me thinking about all the great concerts and movies I've got queued up to listen to in my theater.

On a whim I searched eBay today for "2226H" and got a hit! Someone had a few for sale for only $200 each "buy now" plus $30 shipping. I ended up buying three for $600 with shipping included!! I should receive them next week. From the photos they appear to be in great shape, and the DC resistance of the coils was within expectations.

Finally I've taken the first step towards 7pi corner horns with a 4pi center. It'll be a while before I can start construction with the cabin and a hundred other projects ahead of me, but IT'S A START!!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message