Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pete's Home Theater Build
Re: Pete's Home Theater Build [message #77511 is a reply to message #77507] Sat, 17 August 2013 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rkeman is currently offline  rkeman
Viscount
The 6Pi is a substantial improvement over the 3Pi if the listening room will accommodate corner horns. The upper bass and lower midrange is smoother and creates a larger and more stable stereo image. The new H290C tweeter horns have been in my 6Pi corner horn main loudspeakers and 3Pi center and surround channels for a few months and are an improvement over the Eminence H290. Some time soon I hope to post a more detailed comparison.

Most of the DIY Sound Group (DSG) designs appear to be similar to the 3Pi and 4Pi i.e. two-way loudspeakers with relatively large woofers and horn loaded tweeters using compression drivers. The crossovers are substantially different from the Pi crossover and the SEOS 12 horn is both shallower and of a different flare profile. There is no corner horn design available at this point in time. I've not had the opportunity to audition any of the DSG loudspeakers and cannot comment on their performance compared to the Pi Speakers offerings.

The samples of the Denovo DNA-360 that I've worked with are very similar to the B&C DE250 and required no modification to the 3Pi crossover when used with the Eminence H290 tweeter horn and Eminence Delta 12LFA woofer. The Acoustic Elegance TD-12X is very similar to the TD-12S in most respects but would benefit from somewhat different enclosure volume and tuning than the 3Pi. I've found the AE TD-12S to be a superb performer in both the 3Pi and 6Pi. If you do decide to pursue either a 3Pi or 6Pi build, please consider posting your impressions.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message