Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Tono Preamp
Re: Some answers. [message #8938 is a reply to message #8937] Thu, 05 May 2005 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mark Williams is currently offline  Mark Williams
Baron
Hey Poidex,

Yes, I'd love to see additional frame construction and wiring details.
There's certainly no hurry. Since I travel during the week and am only home on weekends, my projects are often stretched out longer than what I would like.

Oh, Jarrah wood. Nice! I've heard some of these tropical woods can be difficult to glue because of the oil content. Are you using any special glue, or regular "carpenter's glue" (alphaic resin)?

I'm afraid I'd be stuck using walnut, cherry, or possibly maple. Those are the common ones here, along with oak, but generally I don't favor the grain pattern of oak. I often just stain it black.

I was poking around on eBay for 6AQ5's and noticed some Russian ones that were 9 pin, not 7 pin miniatures. Interesting. So, that basing type is important to mind. I had no idea. I just thought a 6AQ5 was the same, with the same pin-outs, etc. no matter what.

I'm curious as to why you selected this particular tube since it appears no manufacturer is making them new. Sonics, I assume?

Regards,
Mark

Mark

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message