Home » Audio » LSAF » New TO LSAF - Question
Re: New TO LSAF - Question [message #67449 is a reply to message #67447] Thu, 05 May 2011 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
There couldn't be a hotel that's better designed for an audio show.

The rooms open to a giant noisy reverberant 12 story atrium. The atrium is so noisy you have to close your door to hear the system well, which means almost no sound level from your room could possibly disturb anybody else in the hotel other than your immediate neighbor, who probably will be another LSAF exhibitor. So you can play your system at a loud room filling level during show hours without having to worry about disturbing other hotel guests.

The standard $99 rooms are two-room suites, and the only things you might want to move in the front room, where you'll exhibit, are the cabinet the TV sits on and the sofa across from it. The TV cabinet can easily be slid out of the way into the corner nearest the door. You'll only want to move the sofa a foot or so to center it with the system. You could ask the hotel to move this stuff, but I recommmend against that. Just slide it over, and before you check out slide it back to where it was.

Some exhibitors keep the TV cabinet in place and use it as an equipment cabinet. That can work if you don't have too many pieces of equipment, or pieces that are really big, but I prefer the aesthetics of an equipment stand.

And don't be shy about asking other exhibitors for help! The LSAF just isn't the competitive event I've found at RMAF, and exhibitors are happy to help each other.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: LSAF 2011 Planning
Next Topic: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:40:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects