Home » Sponsored » OddWatt Audio » KT120 Class A Push-Pull U/L Mono-Blocks
Re: KT120 Class A Push-Pull U/L Mono-Blocks [message #67887 is a reply to message #67330] Fri, 27 May 2011 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, The KT120 amps were in use for a while at the LSAF. As you might expect, they really put out serious sound. Shocked The design process is on going and a number of refinements underway. These are shaping up as mega power amps (at least for a class A tube design. Power output is coming up to spec in the 40-45 watt RMS range. They are so mighty that one smoked my test load bank. Uh Oh The smell of smoldering plastic was the first clue. Oops. I have some upgraded parts on order and expect the design to be finalized in about 2 months. Kits will follow at a later date (it takes time to source things like circuit boards and chassis). In accordance with the way I design, as soon as the design is finalized I intend to post it under group builds as a diy project for those of you who like to build from scratch. My experience is that there are at least two types of audio enthusiasts, those who build from scratch and those that don't. I like to cater to both.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message