Home » Sponsored » OddWatt Audio » Forewatt As A First DIY Tube Project
Forewatt As A First DIY Tube Project [message #67271] Thu, 28 April 2011 11:15 Go to previous message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Waves of nostalgia swept over me as I read about the Forewatt line stage preamp. My first tube component was a Bottlehead Foreplay tube preamp kit, which I used with an NAD solid state integrated amp. The NAD had pre-out and amp-in RCA's so I could substitute the tube pre for the one in the integrated. The preamp section of many inexpensive solid state integrated amps is often a weak link in the signal path, and substituting a tube preamp can significantly improve the sound, as mine did with the NAD.

I'm especially glad to see you included a sub out on both the Forewatt preamp and the Podwatt integrated. So many high efficiency speakers, like the AudioKarma EconoWaves I'll be demonstrating at the LSAF, are compromised the the bass region, and using a sub can be a big plus.

I was impressed by the sound of the Oddwatt monoblocks with my Art Array line array speakers at a DIY meeting in Round Rock Texas a couple of years ago, and I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing all your current products at the LSAF. Welcome to AudioRoundTable!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Welcome!
Next Topic: Poddwatt with EconoWave Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:33:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio