Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Back EMF?
Re: Back EMF? [message #67439 is a reply to message #67437] Thu, 05 May 2011 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Frihed89 wrote on Thu, 05 May 2011 10:34
I take it that you think the JBL drivers are worth the extra €?

Absolutely. They have shorting rings that provide flux modulation control. The improvement from that feature is huge.

Frihed89 wrote on Thu, 05 May 2011 10:34
Also, I see you think that the smallest sonic improvement comes from better caps. But I wonder if someone hasn't fitted out the entire crossover in a way that might give additional benefits?

Not sure what you mean. The crossovers are highly optimized and have a nice clean forward lobe. Even the stock build uses great parts, or you can substitute with upgraded premium parts. Honestly, this is a price-no-object solution, even though it's not particularly expensive. I don't think there are any "additional benefits" possible, this is a no-compromise solution.

The one area I would suggest you look for improvements is external to the main four π loudspeakers. Upgrade them with the premium drivers and you have the best you're going to get as far as mains are concerned. Where you can improve the system is by adding subs. Drive them with a separate amplifier and let them provide solid foundation and smooth room modes. See the last few pages of the whitepaper below for more information:

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message