Home » Audio » Pro Sound » How Many Instruments?
Re: How Many Instruments? [message #67078 is a reply to message #67076] Sat, 16 April 2011 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Thermionic is currently offline  Thermionic
Master
Guitar and bass are the instruments I'm the most proficient at, although I don't play at anywhere near the level I used to many years ago. I played in bands from the time I was 16 until my mid '30s, and have hundreds of live performances and scores of recording sessions to my credit. But for the past several years, I may pick the guitar up and noodle around only a few times per month; a far cry from the dedicated and disciplined two hours-plus per day that I used to practice.

I used to play the mandolin very well, but haven't owned one in several years now. Ditto for the violin. My proficiency on the drums and piano never reached the same level as on the stringed instruments, but I did get good enough on the piano that I've performed live on it a few times without embarrassing myself too bad. Laughing

I'm really too old now to learn a new instrument, especially since my job keeps me working insane overtime hours, but I'd LOVE to play the sax and the banjo. The banjo has a neck and strings so I'd probably pick it up without too much pulling my hair out. But, I've heard the sax is a very difficult instrument, besides the fact it ain't got strings!

Thermionic

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Separating tracks