Home » Audio » Speaker » The AudioKarma Econo-Waveguide Speaker (A Waveguide Speaker for the Great Unwashed Masses)
Re: The AudioKarma Econo-Waveguide Speaker [message #67184 is a reply to message #67029] Sat, 23 April 2011 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Duke is currently offline  Duke
Grand Master
Looks great, Fred! Very nice job.

I stumbled across that horn on the Parts Express website while researching a bass guitar cab project. The first time I ran a suite of measurements, I thought there was something wrong with my setup. The polars looked too good to be true, so I ran the data again. Nope, it's really that good. Not perfect, but certainly work-with-able (which was not the case for most of the horns I measured). I now use it in most of my speakers.

The horn body itself is a bit resonant and "plasticky" sounding, so I stick some Dynamat to the backside, and that cures it. I also use a bit of blue loc-tite on the threads, just in case it wants to wobble loose from the vibrations. Maybe all of this is covered in the AudioKarma megathread, I dunno; only glanced at a few pages of it.

Again this year I'll be showing a speaker that is conceptually pretty much identical to the 3Pi and Zilch's Econowave. Gee, so much for originality (though mine isn't a deliberate copy). Okay maybe my angley enclosure is original (well, except that NHT did it long before me).

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message