Home » Audio » Speaker » The AudioKarma Econo-Waveguide Speaker (A Waveguide Speaker for the Great Unwashed Masses)
Re: The AudioKarma Econo-Waveguide Speaker [message #67022 is a reply to message #67019] Tue, 12 April 2011 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The crossover schematic is here: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=151281&d=1242968714

I made a few changes. The LP1 L-pad is ommitted. The R1 series resistor in the tweeter filter is 25 ohms. I also added a zoebel to the woofer filter consisting of an 8 ohm resistor and a 10uF capacitor. The woofer is the Eminence Delta 12 LFA. The tweeter is the Selenium D220Ti-8. The waveguide horn is the Dayton H6512 (#270-318). This $13.50 horn is less expensive than the equivalent $40 Eminence H290 used on the three Pi, and when you compare their construction you'll see why. The Eminence horn is built of much heavier material and will be far less likely to "ring" than the Dayton, but this is a budget design with some compromises.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message