Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 Pi Baffle Information
4 Pi Baffle Information [message #66456] Thu, 03 March 2011 09:03 Go to previous message
NWCgrad is currently offline  NWCgrad
Master
I am finally back on track to build speakers (I lost a year being assigned 450 miles from my family - geographical bachelor in navy terms).

I plan to start constructing the cabinets, two vented and one sealed, soon. I have a question on recessing the horn and woofer. The JBL 2226H datasheet indicates an overall diameter of 15 17/64". The plans call for a cutout of 13 15/16". What depth and diameter is recommended for the JBL recess for it to set flush with the cabinet?

I have a similar question for the horn, the Eminence website states for the H290 a cut out of 10.3" L x 4.9" H (vice 9.5" L x 4.75" H per the plans), with overall dimensions of 11.4" L x 6.5" H.

I am having the cabinets cut via a CNC so need to be able to provide exact information. I am moving to Cambodia this summer and need them completed before I leave.

I plan on building the cabinets before I order the kit from Wayne (otherwise I may get lazy and live with unfinished cabinets). Cabinets will be built of Baltic birch and veneered in either oak or cherry.

Thanks for assisting!

VIRIBUS MARI VICTORIA

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message