Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 pi, oh my! (pi 4)
Re: 4 pi, oh my! [message #66304 is a reply to message #66242] Thu, 24 February 2011 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Doc Jr 8156 is currently offline  Doc Jr 8156
Chancellor
Welcome, Mr. Black. I'm glad you are enjoying your 4Pis now. As Bill said, upgrade to the JBL 2226 and B&C 250 will just add enjoyment every time you fire up your 4 Pi's. With mine, I use triodes and pentodes SET (3-8 watts maximum) as well as puss pull amps (35 watts) even vintage receivers (Macintosh, Marantz, Sansui, Pioneer, andYamaha) I collected through the years and it never cease to amaze me how loud and clean the sound reproduction these speakers are capable of. I even enjoy them when using SS amps. However, just for kicks if you have an opportunity, try a class D amp (100 watts) and you will hear what the fuss regarding the JBL's are all about. I have 5 different single driver speakers and a Linkwitz Orion with all the whistles but I enjoy my 4 Pi speakers no less than any of those. Lets thank Wayne for the joy these speakers are giving us. The Pi speakers need more and better exposure so more people can enjoy them specially those who love low power tube amps. Godspeed.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message