Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Plans Request (Plans please...)
Plans Request [message #66040] Mon, 07 February 2011 20:23 Go to previous message
rvsixer is currently offline  rvsixer
Baron
I've been looking for an affordable HT 5.1 project using 8"-10" 2-ways that's also "all-day" easy to listen to for stereo music. Seems like your designs fit the bill perfectly (thanks for your efforts).

This will be for a smaller (~11'x13') room, based on what I have studying here for the last three days I think I want to go with:

2Pi Tower (Left/Right)

2Pi (Center to fit under TV)

1Pi (Surrounds)

3Pi Subwoofers (dual setup)

Can you answer to the following:

1) Just to confirm, its okay to use the standard 2Pi Tower box, only with the speakers/port located on the 13" face? I'm a speaker neophyte, but I've been playing with some baffle diffraction simulators and it seems to add about +/- 1dB response variation over the standard 16" baffle width.

2) It's okay to change the dimensions of the sub somewhat as long as internal volume remains the same? Due to the small room I need to go with the smallest possible footprint (maybe 14"x16", adjusting the box taller as needed)

3) As suggested here I would run the mains as LARGE to smooth response. Same with the center and surrounds, or run those crossed over to the sub at 40/60/80Hz (my AVR allows individual sub crossover settings for every channel)?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message