Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming?
Re: How to get involved with LSAF [message #67181 is a reply to message #67177] Sat, 23 April 2011 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I don't think you're off base at all. But I don't think that most people are confused by this setup. I think there are a few people that want more, but there's always that. Most people understand what we're doing and how it works.

I look around at the exhibitors websites, and I see several of them that prominantly display the fact that they'll be at LSAF with statements like "Come see us in Dallas at Lone Star Audio Fest, May 13-15, 2011." They post messages in their support forums. They do the appropriate amount of self-promotion, and use the show to connect with their customers and prospects.

I don't suppose there's anything wrong with the shows that have a traditional promoter. But that's not what LSAF is. We basically let the exhibitor keep the couple thousand bucks they would have paid for the same room at another show. They can use that money to advertise their room in other ways, or they can do their own self-promotion and use the money for other forms of advertisement or for R&D or whatever else.

If people are wondering if LSAF is advertised, honestly, they must not have their thinking caps on because the rooms are $99/night and the reservation is made directly with the hotel. Where would the ad revenues come from? Most trade shows like this cost a few thousand bucks. And in my experience, you don't get much for your money. That's why we did LSAF the way we did.

We get the same advantage of having a group of high-end audio exhibitors, which makes it a convenient place for people to come. Walk-in attendees can experience several types of systems in a weekend. And we get good coverage from the ezines and messageboards. That reaches out to everyone else that couldn't attend the show.

I'm very happy with the exposure I get from LSAF every year. I know you are too, as are most others. I don't mean to be "preaching to the choir" here, and I know I am. But I did feel I needed to respond.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message