Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming?
How to get involved with LSAF [message #67174 is a reply to message #67172] Fri, 22 April 2011 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

One thing I've noticed over the many years I've done this show is that most people like it, some love it, but there is always one or two that just don't get it. They have a wish list of things they'd "like to see" but then expect others to do it for them. Not exactly sure how to respond to them.

At one time, I was pretty active encouraging people to get involved, to get into action in some way. I did that for several years. But now I really don't. I think there are enough of us out there that get it, someone will nudge these guys and help them understand what we're doing and how to go about making this show work for them.

The Lone Star Audiofest is free for all. It's all inclusive. It's a real grass root movement, probably the closest thing to an open source project we have in audio. But like all other open source stuff, the participant has to take responsibility for their own success. The benefit you gain from this show is directly proportional to the amount of effort you put into it.

I would like to remind all the exhibitors of this fact. They should each take it upon themselves to promote their own rooms. They should speak to the audio press about it. They should announce their intention to attend on their websites. Everyone should take it upon themselves to do their own press releases. That's how this show works.

Exhibitors should also send a message to the Lone Star Audiofest email address announcing their intention to attend, and perhaps send a logo and photo of the gear they plan to bring. That way, they can be added to the exhibitors list. If they don't send word, they won't be listed, I mean, we're not combing the web looking for people that say they might be here. Make a reservation and send an email.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message