Home » Audio » Home Theater » 3D TVs
Re: 3D TVs [message #65687 is a reply to message #65614] Fri, 14 January 2011 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
Adveser wrote on Fri, 07 January 2011 02:22
After playing around with stereographs, 3D is far far better at texture. Texture looks real in 3-D, not like a pattern.

If they could just get that one thing right and forget the jumping out the screen non-sense, people would be eager to buy after seeing how subtle, yet hugely significant the difference is.

Since our eyes are never fully 100% in focus and one of them must be out a tiny bit, why not just project two images at a very slight angle difference and your eye will naturally "lock on" to each dimension in the picture without having to strain your eyes as much as traditional stereographic images.

It isn't what "Jaws 3D" had in mind in the 80's but it is the realistic portrayal of the images people are after, not the flash in the pan effects.

Sounds like a great idea to me. I totally agree. This would be a great measure for advancement in this format. If people can see an improvement such as this, I'm sure the sales would increase. I could see how this would improve 3D for home.

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Looking for a Flat Panel HD TV
Next Topic: Mixing brands
Goto Forum: