Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » position is everything
Re: position is everything [message #64938 is a reply to message #25087] Sat, 27 November 2010 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I can definitely hear the bass coming from a direction generally. I put my sub in the centre when I had one. My speakers could output more bass than the room size allowed (35hz/the room was less than ~30(1)ft required to make an undistorted waveform, so that sub didn't last too long in the setup because i'm not much of a fan of modulating the bass frequencies, and correct me if i'm wrong, but that is what i've been taught happens when you hear a waveform the room can't accompany or use headphones.

The best way to do it is to use more than one and wire them in stereo. A Boston record with a Hammond B-3 is really going to reveal the limitations of "omni-directional" bass. The situation is being overstated IMO. Bass has direction and you can bet it's important...the mids and treble are just more important and get the priority. I think it is a serious myth that it "doesn't matter" when dealing with bass. hard panned stereo death metal blast beats make this very apparent.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message