Home » Audio » Speaker » Computer Speakers for TV?
Re: Computer Speakers for TV? [message #64846 is a reply to message #64771] Tue, 23 November 2010 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
No. I think what is going on here is that the system is using it's own crossover to decide what gets sent to the sub and what gets sent to the speakers. Don't try to dismantle anything like that. I'm assuming you have a 1/8th plug on the end. Why not plug it into the headphone jack with a 1/4 adapter? That is your best bet to get the results you want. Dismantling a 2.1 system into separate components is probably not going to work. At the very least you are going to have impedance issues with the speakers and stereo cables of that type usually share a negative pole unless they are professional quality (like Sony's MDR-7506's, each speaker has it's own ground to prevent crosstalk) so there is no way to wire them into the speaker output really.

Use the headphones jack, since the whole configuration has only one "input" being a 1/8th like you would plug into a sound card.

If there is no headphone jack, you have a real catch 22 here that will probably need to be remedied with a FEMALE 1/8th to RCA adapter, which you can hook up to the TV and take the receiver out of the chain. I hooked up a pair of computer speakers to a TV recently myself to try them out. They really aren't going to need the extra power the amp will provide in most cases.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Speakers for around the pool
Next Topic: Flat Speaker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 23:44:01 CDT 2024