Home » Audio » LSAF » "Mainstream High End" at the LSAF
Re: "Mainstream High End" at the LSAF [message #78492 is a reply to message #78475] Sat, 30 November 2013 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, Lots of food for thought. The topic and direction it is heading is a mixed bag for me. I like the diy aspects of the fest as it is a source of new ideas. Things that big companies pass over. It is a friendly fest, not cut throat competition for customer dollars. These things are important and worth retaining. At the same time there is indeed a factor of cost. Even as small as we are the cost runs to around $2K. This can pose a serious burden for exhibitiors and certainly scares some off. Yes we do some sales, but that is almost secondary. The exposure is more important and often results in sales at a later time. This is typically after a potential customer has listened to other systems and made sonic and financial comparisons.

So while the particiaption of mid to high end companies might enlarge the fest, it might at the same time cause the demise of some of the key positive aspects it now has. We don't do ones like RMAF as we don't care for the venu.

'enuf of my 2 cents. A good discussion though.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message