Home » Audio » LSAF » "Mainstream High End" at the LSAF
Re: "Mainstream High End" at the LSAF [message #78475 is a reply to message #67488] Thu, 28 November 2013 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Cask05 is currently offline  Cask05
Chancellor
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but this is "near and dear" stuff. High end audio prices always make me feel actual disgust, which reoccurs when I look at virtually any audio mag. Understanding why something sounds good is a path to saving thousands acquiring good systems affordably.

One of the subjects that I still ponder is "how to get the word out", apparently like you all have. Like supporting your local live music musicians and their places of business, I personally subscribe to the idea of direct sales and DIY in audio, as well as educating newcomers on what works and what doesn't, what costs too much and looks pretty, and what knocks your socks off.

Perhaps I should start a thread on "why did you spend all that on electronics and TTs/carts and so little on loudspeakers, room treatments or even just better architected listening rooms and loudspeaker placements. It makes no sense to me to lay out thousands of bucks on afterthought systems that "look nice", instead of first using their ears and acquiring the stuff that puts the recorded performers into the room with you. Cost always matters (...even more of late). I see folks sitting around with 4/5s of their audio budget sunk into the signal chain: they are really dropping the ball wrt the most critical two pieces: the output devices and room acoustics.

Anyhow, my first post here and I thought that I'd go for the gold. To all folks responsible for LSAF over the years: my note of thanks...and congrats. It appears like this event is actually gaining steam--unlike other "high-end shows".

Chris

Chris

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message