Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Loud Music
Re: Loud Music [message #64861 is a reply to message #64329] Tue, 23 November 2010 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I remember receiving a letter from the home owners association once. It was like living in a police state. I decided to look up what the actual ordinances were.

The local law was that there was no law whatsoever. So it was easy to assume there would be no criminal way what I was doing was wrong. The police never ever showed up because there was no law to enforce.

The homeowners association said it was a violation for anyone to hear anything outside of the property line of the offender. Which means every single complaint is valid unless you are actually trespassing on their property.

Personally I think everyone should respect their neighbors if they live in the same building. I used to live in a 3rd floor attic of an ancient house and absolutely no one claimed to ever hear anything, except for once the neighbors across the street complained to the police.

But if you own your own house, you have the right to do as you please. I don't think it is unreasonable that everyone should have the right to do what they want on their property. I mean come on, there's enough space between the walls, the house, the air in between the house and everything else in the way and another wall to make it where the volume would have to be ridiculous to where it is truly a nuisance.

Man, in California, everyone owns a dog. A big mean dog that sits outside and barks all day. The few of us Audio nuts have rights too.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Dr. Phil
Next Topic: Are we forgetting that Jennifer Lopez can't sing?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 19:52:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio