Home » Audio » Speaker » Golden ratio for loudspeaker cabinets
Re: Golden ratio for loudspeaker cabinets [message #64250 is a reply to message #64246] Mon, 11 October 2010 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
not really, but I can tell you that the golden ratio draws an infinite spiral and therefore, I would guess that the speaker box using similar dimensions will trap a sound wave by it losing its power vs the amount of distant it has to travel (which depending on the scale and the scope could be hundreds of feet deep)

It could be amplifying or reflecting frequencies using the golden ratio just as easily.

Essentially, what the Golden Ratio represents is the fact that if you draw a box and draw another box the same dimensions inside the box, you can keep going forever. You can connect the points of the rectangles and it will draw the spiral of a seashell, which is what galaxies, DNA, sound waves and virtually everything on some level is based on.

I really don't know much about the subject as it pertains to building a speaker enclosure, but I think I see where they are going with that. I'd be interested in what they are doing with it.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Motorcycle Speakers
Next Topic: Active vs. Passive Crossovers
Goto Forum: