Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Japanese philosophy
Re: Japanese philosophy [message #8241 is a reply to message #8240] Fri, 11 June 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I have a slightly different viewpoint but one that has a similar conclusion. While I love some of the things made by Japanese companies, I prefer to buy from my neighbors and friends where possible. I'm sure the Japanese are fine folks, but I don't know any of them. Foreign feels exotic and that has an attraction of its own - Not better or worse, just different. But there is greatness to be found in every culture, and I prefer to find greatness in my neighbors and friends. So that's where I tend to place my alliances.

Speaking of alliances, let me shill one a little bit. FSAudio is a sponsor here and I think they may be on to something for the entry level market. Check out the little ultralinear amp kit that Heart (Netherlands) is making. They'll loan you one for review just for the asking. I've got one now, and it sounds like a pretty neat amp, especially for the price.

Disclaimer: My only relationship to FSAudio is that we are both sponsors of AudioRoundTable.com.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message