Home » Audio » Radio » Airline 62-2704 Need Help (Need help finding information on this radio)
Re: Airline 62-2704 Need Help [message #63305 is a reply to message #63303] Fri, 02 July 2010 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Don't apologize! That's what this forum is for and I love chatting about old radios.

Both fixed magnet and field coil speakers are called "dynamic loudspeakers." It's kind of funny to me that they call them that, it's sort of like qualifying a car tire as a "rolling tire".

I'm not surprised that they would be $50 for a ripped one. They aren't made anymore. I would prefer a speaker with no rips, but you can fix the paper easier than you can fix a coil. Either one can be fixed - I've rewound field coils and pretty much any competent repair shop can do a recone. For older tube radios like this, I usually patch rips with diluted white glue.

For casual listening on medium wave and shortwave bands, I tend to prefer a longwire antenna. As the name suggests, it's just a very long wire. Run it as high off the ground as possible away from metal and power lines where possible.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message