Home » Audio » Radio » Airline 62-2704 Need Help (Need help finding information on this radio)
Re: Airline 62-2704 Need Help [message #63284 is a reply to message #63283] Tue, 29 June 2010 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

If it has shortwave, that might be it, I suppose. Could be one antenna lead for medium wave and another for shortwave. I'm not sure I've ever seen a radio made that way - most have a single antenna for shortwave and medium wave - but I suppose maybe yours is different. But I still think those three wires are for something else because the label shows only one antenna wire.

The document set for each radio usually includes schematic, chassis layout and alignment instructions.

I expect the missing speaker was a field coil unit and so you'll need to identify the pair of wires that go to the voice coil and the field coil. The voice coil output pair can usually be run to a modern fixed-magnet speaker as long as the field coil pair is run through a coil, like 5mH or so, something like that. The radio probably won't work without a field coil connected, because the plate voltage for the tubes goes through it.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message