Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Tube4hi-fi el 84 PP amp arrives
Tube4hi-fi el 84 PP amp arrives [message #8124] Sat, 13 March 2004 19:10 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hey all; There's a website called tube4hi-fi and the guy sells a kit for this el 84 pp tube amp based on the Dynaco ST 35. It uses a really nice printed circuit board in place of the hardwired St but the same transformers as the st 35 or sca 35. I had an sca 35 in the basement with good trannies so I bought the kit just for giggles. It came today and boy is it nice. A Hammond chassis all drilled out for the Dyna trannies all the jacks mounted. I just have to stuff the PC and wire up the power supply. Anyway the sca 35's go for 75$ and the kit is 186.00$ with every thing but trans and tubes. 4 el 84's 1 ax7 and 1au7 and your done. 17 watts of nice power cheap. . I started building tonight. All good parts, close tolerance resistors, poly caps, those ultra-fast 400v caps like Bottlehead uses, a nice alps volume control. He has a nice brass top plate for 50$ that looks good. Any interest and I'll post pics. The St 35 sounds good and this is the same circuit with minor mods so it's like getting a new ST 35 I guess.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Favourite Preamp Topology and Tube?
Next Topic: el 84 kits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 06:14:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout